clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Luke's coffee kicks in

Christy and Luke call me from Horsham. Luke says the coffee isn’t working and Christy says he’s leaning slumped against the café wall. They still have hours of driving and we are going to New Zealand tomorrow in the morning. I am asking about currency and power points (do they have the same ones as us in New Zealand?) and how much room we need in the driving us to the airport. Suddenly Christy says Luke’s foot has started tapping and he has sat up, opened his eyes - the coffee has kicked in.
“Ok, quick, go. Drive!”
“Bye!” Christy giggles and they hang up. I imagine them running to Nona and jumping into her high up seats lumbering off down the streets of Horsham.
Text messages:
‘ballan oh ballan’
‘hello deer park’
And then the 10 pm phone call. “How much stuff have you packed? Do you have bathroom scales we can weigh our gear on?”
I don’t. My only thought is the scales at the 24 hour gym. “ailsa says we should take all our gear to the gym” we laugh.

I pack everything I need into my carryon suitcase. We are transporting two shows and trying not to pay any excess. Christy’s cousin Jampavan has built a wooden box to the required dimensions which is waiting for us in Dunedin and they have packed all the cardboard into a single bicycle box. Except for the big fridge box which Christy’s mum Joan is finding a copy of for us. I’m worried the bike box won’t fit in the ute which is a twin cab and has a short tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment