clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Thursday, March 4, 2010

Nona sets off for Adelaide

Just spent a week writing a grant submission to Arts Victoria which will mean $19,000 if they give it to us to make our next show. Did the writing myself in my bedroom. Sitting at my pretty desk that used to be my great grandma’s next to the sun from the north facing window. Ringing Christy every half hour to check stuff (are we really going to do this? Yes turns out we are…) Ringing other people. Kate Kantor who liked Bubblewrap she says and ‘time is of the essence with these things’ so she sends me her bio and letter of confirmation. Sense of triumph. This is going to be a good submission and maybe we’ll get the funding this time. I’ll still need another job for the meantime though…

Luke and Christy are renovating inside Nona, the truck. Every time I call them they have been painting cupboards til 4 in the morning, screwing on catches to keep all the doors closed when they drive, sleeping in a futon in the back of the van because the truck is full of sawdust. Christy says there are power tools in the bed.

Today I started my masters at rmit and Christy and Luke set off for Adelaide in the truck. Waved goodbye to SBS who are going to be following them around to make some doco about Westside and called me from just out of Horsham. Side of the road because Nona had overheated and they were making coffee. They were giggling and singing and telling be about the insulation they put in last night. I said don’t tell me, you’re giving me fomo.

No comments:

Post a Comment