clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The hnadspring goal

Today the plan was to work on the show after tumbling – which finishes at 7:30, but when I dropped by Pigeon Hole on my way to tumbling, Christy was smiling through some pain. She’d come off her bike and was bruised and bleeding a bit. Nothing serious, but a bit nasty anyway. We left her, bravely cooking and went to tumble without her.
Tonight in tumbling I did a handspring from a powerstart down only a centremetre drop. I looked at the set up after I landed it and though. ‘that means I can do it.’ I said to the group that I wanted to be able to do handsprings by Friday. It feels like a realistic goal and a get all happy just thinking about it.
When we got back to Pigeon Hole, Christy had cooked and we sat and ate with an evening of non-physical rehearsal hanging over us a little. Once we’d finished I looked at Christy who was still a little post-accident and suggested that we just ditch rehearsal for tonight and go to bed. I think the day you come off your bicycle you deserve to just lie down after dinner. As soon as we agreed, the conversation lightened and we all got ridiculous, standing in the kitchen laughing at each other. Some days it’s good to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment