clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Monday, August 9, 2010

obsessed with newspapers

I am back from adventures in Byron Bay and outside my Montmorency house are the week's newspapers in so many plastic rolls. I pack them all in my bag and take them on the train to Kingston. Now we have nine wrapped newspapers which is a passing set and we are inspired to play newspaper games. I lead a round of newspaper passing like the group juggle. Christy suggests we play newspaper treasure corners.
We sit and write some of our thoughts about newspaper rounds and then we do impros in pairs bouncing off the written materiel, remembering the rule Kate gave us - if you get stuck in the character - go for abstract movement. It will work. The early mornings, the aiming for each doormat, the one handed folding, the bike that is so heavy with newspapers it falls over.

Christy does a solo impro. She dances with the newspapers, laying them out and stepping over them and cartwheeling in the gaps.

We have to talk about super-heros then, because we have been so excited about the newspapers and we feel like we need to connect it back.

I do a solo in my dog hat. It's very very fun. Luke puts on the Top Gun sound track and I do strange doggie ballet and read a book, pointing my toes and wriggling my non-existant tail. I have to work to stop myself from laughing. Luke asks me questions and I play more. It's funny and silly. I suck my thumb and talk about everything i know about dogs. I want to be the dog superhero.

No comments:

Post a Comment