clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

getting evicted and planning shows

The Sheriffs came by the front fence last week with a ‘Notice to Vacate’ because apparently our landlords have defaulted on their loan. The best bit goes, ‘All goods, personal property, furniture, machinery, etc may be removed and placed outside the property line.’ Brilliant. Since then I have spent approximately 5 hours talking to the real estate agent and the tenants union and 20 hours talking with various combinations of my housemates about our possible futures. And I haven’t started looking for a new house yet.

So now I am asking questions like, ‘Could I live in the country and do what I’m doing?’ ‘Would this be a good time to go on adventures around the world?’ Or ‘Would it be a good time to get a loan and buy a house so this never happens to me again?’ But neither adventures, nor getting a mortgage leave enough room to do what I want to do.

How to scramble through the muddle and still train physically, plan financially and make theatre work that inspires me?

The security of Nona, a home that you actually own, is suddenly way more appealing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment