clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

training without 'training'

So the plan is to do a creative development in July-August whether or not we get funding. And the hope is to make a show with some impressive skill in it. That means training. And Luke and Christy are away which means we can’t work the triple acro skills we’re interested in performing so I’m trying to stick to a routine that at least keeps my strength on a level for when the training starts.
This routine is new and it’s the first time I’ve really regularly done my own training that isn’t within a tumbling class or with a partner.

I try to do at least an hour a day (which isn’t much in the scheme of things)
Every other day I’ve been doing weights and cardio at the gym plus some handstand drills and flexibility. On the off days I either do half an hour of hula hoops (2 minute drills of each skill) plus handstand drills and flexibility or I go swim a kilometre – which includes some sprints to get my heart going and some backstroke to stretch out my pecs which are always tight.

With this routine I think it’s possible that I am getting more cardio fit than I was and if I keep it up my hooping will get better. My handstands have definitely gone backwards. We’ll see how the rest goes when we actually start training tricks.

Still no news on whether we actually are getting evicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment