clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Monday, April 26, 2010

training - we're back!

Training. Nona is parked outside the Westside Circus warehouse, spilling coffee and breakfast-making ingredients out her door. Luke sleepy and cute, me ready to train. Skipping, strength, cardio, handstands, acrobalance. My handstands have gone backwards. I don’t hold anything for longer than 30 seconds. Conscious about over-training.

Christy trains hard and is red faced from the work but smiling. “We’re back. I feel like we’re back,” she says over coffee at the end.

We run acro tricks that we’re already comfortable with. Do easy tricks but with combos we aren’t used to. Moments of standing sweaty, the three of us facing each other “What will we do now?” and then thinking of the next thing.

Luke says, “You know what? When we do this show, everyone is going to say to you two ‘you’re so strong!’ and no-one will say it to me.” We laugh. It’s true.

While they’re making breakfast and I’m putting my shoes on to leave, Luke starts talking about an idea. An acro-against-the-wind-scene. The three of us struggling to get somewhere. The tension and slow motion of that. The new show is starting to feel like a reality.

I’m home now. Another letter from the bank's lawyers. Looks like our landlord has made a very big mess. Odds of getting evicted 100 to 1. Jono and I looking at housesitting in Montmorency – which makes training at 8 in the morning a little harder... but not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment