clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

empty teapot and excel

We didn’t get the Arts Vic funding so now we are going to make a show without it. The main thing for me is the time/income conundrum, the curse of every artist, I guess. How can I earn my money to live and make a show and write a novel and study my masters and still have time for the people I love and to keep my house friendly and full of food? But I haven’t really even started to consider it when Luke and Christy come to me with a proposal. They want to pay me to write grant submissions.

I go to Soul Food on Smith Street and drink lemon and ginger tea in front of the maths. After an hour with excel I have done a personal income and expenditure, an Asking for Trouble grant budget and proposed timeline and a weekly time budget for myself. I am bursting with the possibility that I can do everything I want. I love the trams and the overcast sky and the empty teapot and excel. I’m looking forward to the rest of the year

No comments:

Post a Comment