clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mooroolbark

It buckets down rain and in the morning Luke and Christy are both pretty sleep deprived. The drive to Mooroolbark is misty and full of morning traffic and we find the community centre with a mix of melways, googlemaps and common sense. I think directions for the whole tour might end up being like this.

Michael, the tech, has long dark hair hanging around his face and big friendly eyes. He has looked at the tech notes and pre-programmed whole scenes of the show already. He puts a hard hat over all that hair and drives a scissor lift around on the mats, refocussing lights and dealing with the lapel mic which we think we might need because the sound box is sound-proof and we’re afraid we won’t hear the cues.

I catch a moment in the show that I want to add to the lighting for. I watch over Michael’s shoulder as he writes notes to himself on our cue sheet and think about editing the tech notes accordingly. After the show I ask him if he’ll show me how to program the lighting desk and he is all for it. Luke comes in and we are both full of questions and Michael has all the information. I have to drag us away because we need to bump in to Knox that afternoon.

Richard at Knox hugs Christy saying, “hello gorgeous” and Luke hugs him saying “hello gorgeous” and then everyone laughs as Richard and I, not knowing each other, go to shake hands and hug instead. Richard is really friendly and full of ideas and information. We bump in the show while chatting to him and when we leave Christy smiles and says he reminds her of her primary school soccer coach. It makes her nostalgic.

I drive home to my house because Luke’s knee injury is really not working for him if he has to operate too much clutch. We’re supposed to rehearse for Kapow tonight, but Luke’s head is falling from side to side and we are all absurd/exhausted. Luke has a nap and goes to fix the trailor Christy sits on my bed with me and we both do computer business.

I spend hours and hours looking at accommodation in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment