clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Wednesday, April 20, 2011

review number one

People, I highly recommend it! The music is varied and wonderful and so well suited to the plot & choreography. Boogie woogie piano, oh Yay. Characters are lovely and important/relateable for kids, beautiful interactions between them. I loved the scene about what may or may not lie beyond the fence (very philosophical). The flying scene with Rosie (the teddy bear) at the beginning to the trippy music and sort of slow-mo body tumbles and facial expressions was just magic. The drama was so delightfully physical. It totally pumped me up and made me feel like a kid again (the superhero music and fabulous 'strong' poses helped!) A really uplifting and meaningful show- well done to you all!
Oh yeah, my three year old liked it too ... :) Kids show yeah? Right. Sorry. I'm off to become a superhero now. See you next week. I'll be the one in purple tights with my mum's dressing gown trailing out behind and Jess' welding goggles on, in case you don't recognise me.

HT Thomas, Modernist Imagist Poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment