clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rock'n'roll lifestyle

Start of the Regional Arts Victoria Bubblewrap tour. I drop my English cousin off at international departures and get back to my house at 8:20pm to head to Foster. No-one has quite looked up the directions yet so we leave East Brunswick in a mess of melways, googlemaps and Luke’s recollections of years of travelling to the Prom as a scout. Just before we get to Heidelberg Road Christy realises we forgot the amp and we swing back for East Brunswick.

It's an easy 2 1/2 hours drive out of the city and down a dark windy road with some rags of mist across the last few k's. Christy recites her new lines from Kapow! Luke drives the speed limit. I take my boots off and put my feet on the dash, sitting in the raised up middle of the Budget hire van with the rearview mirror blocking most of my view of the night. We talk about the best way to communicate tech specs to a venue and make bad jokes about Poowong leaning over Christy's i-phone for directions.

It’s been a week of re-rehearsing Kapow!, doing the RAV tour handover and making two new Bubblewrap sets so one can be sent to Edinburgh and the old one can be laid to rest. We’ve been joking about the Rock’n’roll lifestyle and now I’m sitting up in bed in the Foster Comfort Inn and I guess this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment