clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Friday, February 17, 2012

Bedtime nerves


The satisfaction of handing a flyer over to someone who says “Oh good, I’ll come tomorrow. Thankyou”


I gave out a hundred of these today to people with children. My eyes learned to spot the short person really fast and I darted through the Garden making friends with shy, upturned faces until nearly 9pm.

The weird feeling when all your besties are in another show so you go to see something alone. 

Cantina. 

All that skin and muscle and skill and of course the thing I find utterly compelling is a face. The absolute presence in a quiet face. It makes me think of Gaulier saying “Do not show us your grimace.” One act furious the next the next submissive and watchful; yet the eyes and lips barely change shape. This is the skill I am most interested in watching.

Tomorrow we open Kapow and we haven’t sold many tickets. I am bedtime nervous, bag already packed so I don’t forget anything…

No comments:

Post a Comment