clicking the picture of luke and christy takes you to the Asking for Trouble website


Are you here because you want to read about studying Clown with Monsieur Gaulier in Paris? Go to July 2011 and start at the bottom with 'first day of clown school'


Sunday, February 19, 2012

showmaker-homemaker

Sunday morning. Same lugging. Same warming up, Same skanky changerooms. We know the drill and we have plenty of time. But then 15 minutes before we open, Front of House come in and tell us we’ve sold 213 tickets. Suddenly Christy is sharp, onstage, running her lines, Luke is tying his shoelaces fast and my skin feels fresh.

I sit backstage waiting for my cue smiling at the dark.

The show is more fun, more relaxed and the audience feels like they are with us all the way. At the end Christy hands out flyers and I have my fingers crossed for audiences next week.

This evening I sang Odette to sleep, cooked myself dinner and handwashed my costumes. Any minute now I’m going to eat chocolate and read my novel. Peep is about to go up for its second set, out there in the Garden and I will go to bed and listen for a baby who's mama wears amazing costumes in a candy-striped tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment